查看: 144|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

>>晏老师晏老师,你看冽稀奇不稀奇???

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2012-4-3 03:20:48 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |正序浏览 |阅读模式
1.神奇事:命中注定就是你
    A British couple--Eddie, 68, and Nancy, 59--decided it was fate to marry after surviving tornadoes, a plague of insects, floods and a train crash during a trip to America when they met seven years ago.
    英国夫妇埃迪(68岁)和南希(59岁)在七年前的一次美国之旅中邂逅。途中他们经历了龙卷风、虫灾、水灾和火车撞击事故。大难不死之后,两人觉得命中注定他们应结为夫妻。
    When the train crash in Nevada that killed six people happened, they were in the carriage next to the one that was hit by a truck and caught fire. They took that as a sign that they should marry in an unplanned ceremony.
    在内华达州那场火车撞击事故中,一辆卡车正好撞向他们旁边的那节车厢,并引发大火,事故造成6人死亡。两人认为那是一个征兆,指示他们应该火速举行婚礼。

2.糊涂事:醉酒老爸竟让8岁儿子驾车
    An 8-year-old boy was driving a truck on a highway in Louisiana with his sleeping father in the passenger seat and his 4-year-old sister in the back seat. A passing motorist noticed the truck was being driven unsteadily and called police.
    一名8岁的男孩驾驶着一辆卡车行驶在(美国)路易斯安那州的一条高速公路上,而他的父亲正坐在副驾驶的位置上呼呼大睡,后排座上还坐着这名男孩4岁的妹妹。一位路过的司机发现这辆卡车开得扭扭歪歪,便立即报了警。
    When patrol officers pulled over the truck they found the father, 28, was drunk. The father was arrested and charged with two counts of child desertion, parent allowing a minor to drive, no child restraint and other counts.
    当巡警示意卡车靠边停车后,警方发现这名28岁的父亲已经喝得烂醉。这名父亲被警方逮捕,并被指控遗弃两名孩子、让未成年人开车、不管教孩子和其他多项罪名。

3.娱乐事:“终结者”老家开博物馆
    The world's first museum dedicated to former "Governator" and “Mister Universe” Arnold Schwarzenegger opened its doors last Saturday in his birthplace of Thal in southern Austria.
    世界上第一个为有着“前州长+终结者”和“宇宙先生”之称的阿诺-施瓦辛格开设的博物馆上周六在他的出生地、奥地利南部的塔尔开业。
    Among over 1,000 objects and photos on display are his very first weights, with which the champion bodybuilder started training, as well as the desk behind which he sat as California governor. The museum also recalls Schwarzenegger's Hollywood career.
    博物馆里展出1000多件物品和照片,其中包括这位健美先生刚开始训练时使用的第一对哑铃,以及他作为加州州长时所用的办公桌。博物馆还展示了施瓦辛格的好莱坞生涯。

点滴积累
>plague [n.瘟疫,灾害]
>desertion [n.抛弃]
>restraint [n.管制]
>weight [n.杠铃,哑铃]
3#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-4-3 05:44:56 | 只看该作者
历史上受骗群众最多的五大愚人节玩笑(图)

来源:中国大学生在线

独立大钟

Taco Liberty Bell—On April 1, 1996, Taco Bell Corporation took out an ad in six major newspapers to say that it was buying the Liberty Bell and renaming it the Taco Liberty Bell. Hundreds of protesters called in to the National Historic Park in Philadelphia, and were only calmed when it was admitted to be a joke。
收购独立大钟:1996年愚人节,Taco Bell公司在6家主流报纸上刊登广告,声称要购买美国著名的“独立大钟”并将其改名为“Taco独立大钟”。大量抗议者给费城国家历史公园打电话投诉,直到“肇事者”承认是恶作剧方才罢休。
Nixon for President—On April 1, 1992, broadcast of NPR's "Talk of the Nation" revealed that Richard Nixon was running for president again under a slogan that said, "I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't do it again." Listeners to the show were shocked and outraged, but the host later revealed it was just a joke。
尼克松又上台了:1992年愚人节,NPR广播台在节目中宣布理查德-尼克松将再次竞选美国总统,竞选口号是:“我没有做错任何事,也不会再做错任何事。”听众纷纷表示十分震惊万分愤怒,不过后来主持人说这仅仅是个玩笑。
Metric Time—On April 1, 1975, Australia's "This Day Tonight" news program said that the world would be converting to metric time, with 100 seconds to the minute, 100 minutes to the hour and 20-hour days。
1分钟100秒:1975年愚人节,澳大利亚的新闻节目向世界宣布时间度量机制将进行修改,改成1分钟100秒,1小时100分钟,1天20个小时。
Wisconsin State Capital Collapses—On April 1, 1933, the "Madison-Capital Times" announced that the Wisconsin state capital building had been ruined by mysterious explosions that were attributed to build-ups of gas generated through verbose debate in the Senate and Assembly chambers. Many were fooled and angered by the trick。
威斯康星州首府倒塌:1933年愚人节,曼迪迅首府时报宣布由于议会辩论太过啰嗦,生成了不明气体,威斯康星州首府大楼发生了神秘爆炸。众多受骗群众表示:这玩笑也太过分了。
The Comic Strip Switcheroo—On April 1, 1997, comic strip fans opened their newspapers to find that all the characters had been shuffled around and were popping up in alternate comics. A total of 46 comic strip writers banded together for the switch, which had Scott Adams of "Dilbert" taking over the "Family Circus," and Jim Davis of "Garfield" taking over "Blondie" and making Garfield eat one of Dagwood's sandwiches。
漫画大反串:1997年愚人节,连载漫画读者们照常翻开报纸的漫画页——然后傻了眼。他们熟悉的漫画角色都跑到了别的漫画里。46名漫画作家合伙策划了这场大反串,在反串行动里加菲猫和它的主人跑到了“Blondie”中,加菲猫还吃掉了一个“那个世界”的三明治。
来源:Bridgewater
2#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-4-3 04:47:48 | 只看该作者
中英文版《天下无贼》经典台词
1.I have said a hundred times,we need team work,always seek the best in the team.The purpose of the trip,is to train out team in real situation and to test our new members.Those deserving speical praise are the little leaf and four eyes.Although new to trade,they try hard,they have not only surpass themselves,but even the old guard here.
说了多少回了,要团结,眼睛要看别人的长处。这次出来,一是通过实战锻炼队伍,二是考察新人,在这里我特别要表扬的是小叶和四眼,两位虽然刚刚入道,做人啊,不但突破了自已,也超越了在座的前辈。
2What is the most expensive commodity in this century?Talent!
21世纪什么最贵?人才!
3An organization without discipline.
有组织,无纪律。
4First my gaze toward the moon,but the moon shines on the ditch.
我本一心向明月,奈何明月照沟渠。
5Who knows me understand my needs, I’m a mystery to he who know me not.
真是知我者谓我心忧,不知我者谓我何求啊。
6I can’t stand you armed robber types, no technical kills what so ever.
我最讨厌你们这些劫匪了,一点技术含量都没有。
7I can reliably inform you that,uncle lee is very angry,the consequences will be severe.
我可以很负责地告诉你,黎叔很生气,后果很严重……
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|联系我们|手机版|Archiver|教师之友网 ( [沪ICP备13022119号]

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 20:44 , Processed in 0.065321 second(s), 26 queries .