PPT演讲组织及准备技巧

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2016-2-12 15:30:28 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
PPT演讲组织及准备技巧译者:xiaonicholas 原作者:Garr Reynolds

1. Start with theend in mind
1. 从结果开始
Before you evenopen up PowerPoint, sit down and really think about the day of your presentation. What is the real purpose of your talk? Why is it that you wereask to speak? What does the audience expect? In your opinion, what are the mostimportant parts of your topic for the audience to take away from your, say,50-minute presentation? Remember, even if you've been asked to shareinformation, rarely is the mere transfer of information a satisfactoryobjective from the point of view of the audience. After all, the audience couldalways just read your book (or article, handout, etc.) if information transferwere the only purpose of the meeting, seminar, or formal presentation.
在您打开PowerPoint前,请坐下来认真想一想您演讲那天的情形。您演讲的真正目的是什么呢?为什么要求您发言?听众的期望又是什么呢?您认为,听众从您50分钟(比如说)的演讲中获得最重要的信息是什么?请记住,即使要求的是简单分享下信息,但在听众看来,纯粹地传递信息并非令人满意。毕竟,如果会议、研讨会或正式演讲仅是为了信息传递的话,听众完全可以看一看您的书(文章、讲义等)就行了,(还要听您讲干嘛?)

2. Know your audience as well as possible
2.尽量了解您的听众
Before you begin to formulate the content of your presentation, you need to ask yourself manybasic questions with an eye to becoming the best possible presenter for that particular audience. At the very least, you need to answer the basic "W questions."
想成为优秀的演讲人,您需要在制作演示稿之前问自己一些基本问题。至少您需要回答下面几个基本的“W问题”。

Who is the audience? What are their backgrounds? How much background information about your topic can you assumethey bring to the presentation?
听众是谁?他们来自什么行业?您认为他们对您话题的背景知识了解多少?
What is the purpose of the event? Is it toinspire? Are they looking for concrete practical information? Do they want more concepts and theory rather than advice?
演讲的目的是什么的?是否为了启发听众?他们是否需要详细而实用的信息?他们是否希望获得更多的概念和理论?而不是为了获得建议?
Why were you asked to speak? What are their expectations of you?
为什么要求您发言?他们对您的期望是什么?
Where is it? Find out everything you canabout the location and logistics of the venue.
场地在哪里?尽您所能找到场地的位置和会务人员。
When is it? Do you have enough time toprepare? What time of the day? If there are other presenters, what is the order(always volunteer to go first or last, by the way). What day of the week? All of this matters.
什么时候开始?您有足够的时间准备吗?演讲几点开始?如果有其他演讲者,顺序是如何安排的?(顺便提一下,您应主动争当第一个或最后一个演讲者)那天是星期几?等等。
3. Content,content, content
3.内容为王
No matter howgreat your delivery, or how professional and beautiful your supporting visuals,if your presentation is not based on solid content, you can not succeed. Don'tget me wrong, I am not saying that great content alone will carry the day. Italmost never does. Great content is a necessary condition, but not a sufficientone. But your presentation preparation starts with solid content (appropriate for your audience) which you then build into a winning story that you'll use toconnect with your audience.
无论您的演讲技巧多棒,幻灯片做得多专业,多漂亮,如果您的演讲稿缺乏实实在在的内容,那您照样不会取得成功。不要误会,我并不是说单凭好的内容就能获得成功。不是的。好的内容只是必要条件,而不是充分条件。您应该以实实在在的内容(适合听众的)为出发点来准备演讲,再将这些内容有机串连成故事,娓娓向您的听众道来。

A word of caution : Though I am emphasizing how important content is, Ialso am begging you to spare your audience a "data dump." A data dump— all too common unfortunately — is when a presenter crams too much informationinto the talk without making the effort to make the information or dataapplicable to the members of the audience. A data dump also occurs when dataand information do not seem to build on the information that came earlier inthe presentation. Sometimes it almost seems that the presenter is either showing off, or more likely, is simply afraid that if he does not tell the"whole story" by giving reams of data, the audience will not understand his message.
警告:虽然我强调内容很重要,但我也恳请您不要把听众当成“话桶”。“话桶”——不幸的是它普遍存在——就是演讲人不下功夫准备适合听众的内容,但却向听众强行灌输大量信息。当演讲内容不是根据演讲之前的要求准备时,也会出现话桶的情况。有时候演讲人似乎是在炫耀,或者可能担心如果不给出大量信息来讲述“整个故事”,听众就难以明白他的意思。
Do not fall intothe trap of thinking that in order for your audience to understand anything,you must tell them everything. Which brings us to the idea of simplicity.
不要陷入以下误区:为了让听众理解所有的内容,就必须告诉他们每一个细节。  
4. Keep it simple
4. 保持简单  
Simple does notmean stupid. Frankly, thinking that the notion of simplifying is stupid is just plain, well, "stupid." Simple can be hard for the presenter, but itwill be appreciated by the audience. Simplicity takes more forethought andplanning on your part because you have to think very hard about what to includeand what can be left out. What is the essence of your message? This is theultimate question you need to ask yourself during the preparation of your presentation. Here's a simple exercise:
简单并不意味着愚蠢。坦率地说,认为简单就是愚蠢恰恰是简单而“愚蠢的”。演讲人做到简单很难,但听众却喜欢。简单需要更多的构思和计划,因为您必须认真考虑哪些内容应该包含在您的演讲中,哪些内容可以被排除在外。您演讲的核心内容是什么?这是您在准备演讲时必须问自己的最终问题。下面是一个简单的练习:
EXERCISE:
   练习:
If your audience could remember only three things about your presentation, what would you want itto be?
(1)__________  
(2)__________  
(3)__________

如果听众只能记住3条您介绍的东西,您希望它们是什么?
(1)__________
(2)__________
(3)__________

5. Outlining your content
   5.草拟内容  

I suggest youstart your planning in "analog mode." That is, rather than divingright into PowerPoint (or Keynote), the best presenters often scratch out theirideas and objectives with a pen and paper. Personally, I use a large whiteboardin my office to sketch out my ideas (when I was at Apple, I had one entire wallturned into a whiteboard!). The whiteboard works for me as I feel uninhibitedand freer to be creative. I can also step back (literally) from what I havesketched out and imagine how it might flow logically when PowerPoint is addedlater. Also, as I write down key points and assemble an outline and structure,I can draw quick ideas for visuals such as charts or photos that will laterappear in the PowerPoint. Though you may be using digital technology when youdeliver your presentation, the act of speaking and connecting to an audience —to persuade, sell, or inform — is very much analog.
我建议您开始以“模拟模式”制作您的幻灯片。也就是说,不要一开始就蒙头使用PowerPoint(或Keynote)软件,优秀的演讲人经常利用纸和笔来草拟他们的想法和目标。对我来说,我使用办公室中的一块大白板来简要描绘我的想法(当我在苹果公司的时候,我将一整面墙变成了我的白板!)。使用白板时,我感觉无拘无束,自由自在,创造力无限。我也可以从已拟出的内容后退一步,想象稍后使用PowerPoint时在逻辑上如何衔接。此外,当在纸上勾画要点,组织大纲结构的时候,我能突然获得一些图表、照片等视觉化想法,而后再将这些想法用PPT表现出来。当您演讲的时候,尽管使用数码技术进行了辅助支持,但说话和与听众互动——说服、推销、报告等行为,也是需要模拟的。

Cliff Atkinson inhis 2005 book, "Beyond Bullet Points," smartly states that startingto create your presentation in PowerPoint before you have your key points andlogical flow first worked out (on paper or a white board in my case) is like amovie director hiring actors and starting to film before there is a script inhand.
Cliff Atkinson在他2005出版的《超越要点》一书中打了个形象的比方,他说:在演讲要点和逻辑顺序没有弄清楚之前(用纸或白板)就着手使用PowerPoint制作演示文稿,正如一个电影导演还没拿到剧本就开始招聘演员演戏。

More on "planning analog"

更多关于“规划模拟”  
I usually use alegal pad and pen (or a whiteboard if there is enough space) to create a roughkind of storyboard. I find the analog approach stimulates my creativity a bitmore as I said. No software to get in my way and I can easily see how the flowwill go. I draw sample images that I can use to support a particular point,say, a pie chart here, a photo there, perhaps a line graph in this section andso on. You may be thinking that this is a waste of time: why not just go intoPowerPoint and create your images there so you do not have to do it twice?Well, the fact is, if I tried to create a storyboard in PowerPoint, it wouldactually take longer as I would constantly have to go from normal view to slidesorter view to see the "whole picture." The analog approach (paper orwhiteboard) to sketch out my ideas and create a rough storyboard really helpssolidify and simplify my message in my own head. I then have a far easier timelaying out those ideas in PowerPoint. I usually do not even have to look at thewhiteboard or legal pad when I am in PowerPoint, because the analog processalone gave a clear visual image of how I want the content to flow. I glance atmy notes to remind me of what visuals I thought of using at certain points andthen go to iStockphoto.com or to my own extensive library of high-quality stockimages to find the perfect image.
我通常使用笔记本和钢笔(若空间足够大就使用白板)来画草图。我发现这种模拟方法比我所说的更能激发我的创造力。由于没有幻灯片制作软件干扰思路,我可以很容易知道制作的逻辑流程。我可以画一个草图来支持我的某个观点,比如说在这里用一个饼图,在那里用一张照片,也许一个曲线图,等等。您可能会想:这多浪费时间啊!为啥不直接用PowerPoint呢,非得同一件事情重复做两次?这个问题问的好,问题的答案是,如果我用PowerPoint来画图,那么实际上会花费更长的时间,因为我要不断地在PowerPoint普通视图和浏览视图之间切换,以了解幻灯片内容的“全貌”。采用该模拟方法(在纸上或白板上)酝酿我的想法并勾画草图,可以帮助我巩固和简化大脑中的信息。所以当我用PowerPoint表达那些想法时,就很容易了。当使用PowerPoint时,我通常都不看刚才使用的白板和笔记本了,因为模拟过程就给了我清晰的视觉化图像,演讲内容流程如何走向,都历历在目。我看一眼我的笔记,回忆一下某一要点我使用了什么视觉化图形,然后到iStockphoto.com网站或我自己的高品质图像库中寻找最完美的图像。  
6. Have a sound,clear structure

6.结构完整、清晰  
Take a page outout the McKinsey presentation handbook:presentation structure is paramount.Without it, your wonderful style, delivery and great supporting visuals willfall flat. If you took the time in the first step to outline your ideas and setthem up in a logical fashion, then your thinking should be very clear. You canvisualize the logic of your content and the flow of the presentation. If your ideas are not clear first, it will be impossible to design the proper structurelater when you create visuals and/or supporting documents. Your audience needsto see where you are going. And it is not enough to simply have an"agenda" or "road map" slide in the beginning thatillustrates the organization of your talk. If you do not actually have a solidroad of logic and structure, then an outline slide will be of no use. In fact,the audience may become even more irritated since you made the promise of organization in the beginning, but then failed to deliver the promise with apresentation which is muddled and lacks focus.  
麦肯锡演示手册指出:演示文稿的结构是至关重要的。没有好的文稿结构,再精彩的演讲风格、技巧和视觉效果都将付诸东流。如果你在第一步花点时间来勾画您的想法,并将其富有逻辑地组织起来,那么您的思路就会变得非常清晰。您可以将内容逻辑和演示流程视觉化处理。如果开始您的想法不清晰,那么在制作幻灯片的时候就不可能设计出合理的结构。您的听众需要知道您的演讲思路。在演讲开始时,仅使用一张“议程表”或“路线图”来展现您演讲的组织结构是不够的。如果您没有严密的逻辑结构,那么一张“议程表”或“路线图”幻灯片也没用。实际上,如果您开始时展示了组织结构,而演示时糊里糊涂,缺乏重点,那么听众可能听得非常烦躁。

7. Dakara nani?(so what?)
   7.那重要吗?  
In Japanese Ioften say to myself, "dakara nani?" or "sore de...?"whichtranslate roughly as "so what?!" or "your point being...?"I say this often while I am preparing my material. When building the content ofyour presentation always put yourself in the shoes of the audience and ask"so what?" Really ask yourself the tough questions throughout theplanning process. For example, is your point relevant? It may be cool, but isit important or help your story in a very important way...or is it fluff?Surely you have been in an audience and wondered how what the presenter wastalking about was relevant or supported his point. "So what?" youprobably said to yourself. "So what?" — always be asking yourselfthis very important, simple question. If you can't really answer that question,then cut that bit of content out of your talk.   
我经常用日语对自己说,“dakara nani?”或“sore de…?”,大致意思是“那重要吗?”或“您的观点是…?”当我准备资料时,我经常对自己说这句话。当您准备演示稿的内容时,要始终站在听众的角度问自己:“那重要吗?”在整个准备过程中,一定要问自己这些尖锐的问题。例如,您的观点重要吗?这也许很酷,但是重要吗?还是不重要?是的,您应该始终站在听众的角度,不住地质疑演讲内容是否重要,这些内容如何支持演讲人的观点。“那重要吗?”您可能对自己说。“那重要吗?”——总是问自己这个非常重要而简单的问题。如果您实在不能回答这个问题,那么就将这些内容删除掉吧。

8. Can you passthe "elevator test"?
8. 您能通过“电梯测试”吗?  
Check the clarityof your message with the elevator test. This exercise forces you to"sell" your message in 30-45 seconds. Imagine this is the situation:You have been scheduled to pitch a new idea to the head of product marketing atyour company, one of the leading technology manufactures in the world. Bothschedules and budgets are tight; this is an extremely important opportunity foryou if you are to succeed at getting the OK from the executive team. When youarrive at the Admin desk outside the vice-president's office, suddenly shecomes out with her coat and briefcase in hand and barks, "...sorry,something's come up, give me your pitch as we go down to the lobby..."Imagine such a scenario. Could you sell your idea in the elevator ride and awalk to the parking lot? Sure, the scenario is unlikely, but possible. What isvery possible, however, is for you to be asked without notice to shorten yourtalk down, from, say, 20 minutes, to 10 minutes (or from a scheduled one hourto 30 minutes), could you do it? True, you may never have to, but practicingwhat you might do in such a case forces you to get your message down and makeyour overall content tighter and clearer.
请用电梯测试来检查下您演讲的清晰度。这个练习迫使您在30-40秒内“推销”您的演讲。想象下这个场景:您在一家世界领先的制造企业工作,你被要求向产品营销负责人汇报您的新想法。时间安排和预算都很紧张,如果您要想获得执行小组的肯定,该汇报就是一个极为重要的机会。当您到达副总办公室外面,走到管理人员桌边时,她穿着大衣,拎着手提包突然走出来,“…对不起,有些急事,让我们到大厅去,边走边说…”,想象一下这样的场景。您能在搭电梯或去往停车场的途中成功推销您的想法吗?是的,这是个假想场景,但还是有可能发生的。而且,非常有可能发生的是,若您被临时要求缩短演讲时间,比如从20分钟减少到10分钟(或者从1个小时减少到30分钟),您能做到吗?是的,您可能从来不会遇到,但练习在这种情况下怎么做,可以帮助您修改演讲内容,使之更简洁、更清晰。
Author, Ron Hoff("I Can See You Naked") reminds us that your presentation should beable to pass the David Belasco test while you're in the planning stages. David Belasco was a producer who insisted that the core idea for every successfulplay he produced could be written as a simple sentence on the back of abusiness card. Try it. Can you crystallize the essence of your presentation content and write it on the back of a business card? If the task is impossible for you, then you may want to think again and get your message down pat in yourmind. This too is certainly something you do before you ever begin to open up PowerPoint (Keynote).
《我看到您赤裸》的作者Ron Hoff提醒我们,您的演讲在计划阶段就应该能通过大卫·贝拉斯科测试。电影制片人大卫·贝拉斯科认为,他每部成功电影的核心思想都能够简化成一句话,可以写在名片背面。试试看。您能凝练演示稿的主要内容,并将其写在名片上吗?如果您做不到,那么您就需要再次思考,牢记演讲内容。这也是您启动PowerPoint(Keynote)软件之前需要做的事情。  
9. The art ofstory telling
9.讲故事的艺术  
Good presentations include stories. The best presenters illustrate their points with the use ofstories, most often personal ones. The easiest way to explain complicated ideasis through examples or by sharing a story that underscores the point. Storiesare easy to remember for your audience. If you want your audience to rememberyour content, then find a way to make it relevant and memorable to them. Youshould try to come up with good, short, interesting stories or examples tosupport your major points.
好的演讲需要讲故事来协助。最优秀的演讲人以讲故事的方式来说明他们的观点,而且多是有关个人的故事。通过举例子或讲故事来强调某一观点,是解释深奥思想最简单的方法。您的听众很容易记住您讲的故事。如果您希望听众能记住您演讲的内容,那么就想方设法让演讲内容与听众产生关联并使其易于记忆吧。您应该尽量找一些好的、简短的、有趣的故事或例子来支持主要观点。  

In addition, it isuseful to think of your entire 30 minute presentation as an opportunity to"tell a story." Good stories have interesting, clear beginnings,provocative, engaging content in the middle, and a clear, logical conclusion. Ihave seen pretty good (though not great) presentations that had very averagedelivery and average graphics, but were relatively effective because thespeaker told relevant stories in a clear, concise manner to support his points.Rambling streams of consciousness will not get it done; audiences need to hear(and see) your points illustrated.
此外,将30分钟的演讲看成“讲故事”的好机会是大有裨益的。好的故事应该是有趣有味、开头明朗、积极向上、内容充实,并且结论清晰而富有逻辑性。我曾经听过不错的演讲(尽管不是很好),演讲人技巧一般,幻灯片也一般,但是演讲效果却相当好,原因在于演讲人以清晰、简洁的故事来支持他的观点。漫无边际的意识流不会产生好的效果;听众需要您形象地说明您的观点。  
10. Confidence —How to get it
10.信心——如何得到它
The more you are on top of your material the less nervous you will be. If you have taken thetime to build the logical flow of your presentation, designed supporting materials that are professional and appropriate, there is much less to benervous about. And, if you have then actually rehearsed with an actual computerand projector (assuming you are using slideware) several times, yournervousness will all but melt away. We fear what we do not know. If we know ourmaterial well and have rehearsed the flow, know what slide is next in the deck,and have anticipated questions, then we have eliminated much (but not all) ofthe unknown. When you remove the unknown and reduce anxiety and nervousness,then confidence is something that will naturally take the place of your anxiety.
您对材料准备得越充分,就越不易产生紧张情绪。如果您花了时间来梳理演讲稿的逻辑,设计了专业而适当的支撑材料,那么就没什么可紧张的了。另外,如果您还用电脑和投影仪(假设您使用的是幻灯片软件)进行了几次彩排,那么您所有的紧张将消失得无影无踪。我们因我们知之甚少而焦虑。如果我们对材料了然于心,进行了流程排练,熟悉幻灯片的顺序,准备了预期的问题,那么我们就知之甚多了。当你熟悉了演讲内容和过程,减轻了焦虑和紧张情绪,那么信心自然就有了。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|联系我们|手机版|Archiver|教师之友网 ( [沪ICP备13022119号]

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 06:51 , Processed in 0.121754 second(s), 21 queries .